I invite all Christians, everywhere, at this very moment, to a renewed personal encounter with Jesus Christ, or at least an openness to allow him to encounter them.
With these words Pope Francis invites all of us to accept his invitation to engage in the Synodal process. The process, called “Listening Lent”, is already well underway in Ossory with successful meetings up and down the diocese. On this Synodal pathway we are invited to respond to two questions:
Q.1. When you think about Church and your experience, what brings joy?
Q.2. When you think about Church and your experience, what brings sadness or disappointment?
The Listening Sessions for the next couple of weeks are as follows:
- Castlecomer – Monday, 21st March at 7.30pm – Community Hall.
- Slieverue – Monday, 21st March at 7.30pm – Slieverue Hall.
- Thomastown – Wednesday, 23rd March at 7.30pm – Thomastown Hall.
- Rathdowney – Wednesday, 23rd March at 7.30pm – Rathdowney Hall.
- Kilkenny – Thursday, 31st March at 7.30pm – St. Patrick’s Parish Centre, Loughboy.